Join Xtreme Everest's Prof Mike Grocott and Dr Denny Levett at the CPX/POETTS Practicum taking place in November in Southampton.
This three-day course will provide a comprehensive introduction to the basic principles underlying the physiological basis of clinical CPET. This will allow participants to identify the indications for CPET and to manage the most common exercise protocols (i.e. incremental, constant work-rate) used in clinical, rehabilitation and prehabilitation settings. Participants will be able to familiarise themselves with the equipment and methodology involved in CPET and to undertake appropriate interpretation of the results.
Early Bird to 31st March
- Early Bird Fees £750
- £850 from 1st April
Who should attend?
Clinicians, Nurses, Allied Health Professionals, Clinical Scientists and Trainees (pulmonary, cardiac, anaesthesia, intensive care, peri-operative)
- To provide a comprehensive understanding of the physiological basis of CPET
- To identify the indications for and the protocols used in CPET (i.e. incremental, constant work-rate)
- To discuss the clinical applications of CPET in lung and heart diseases, and in the perioperative setting
- To enable participants to understand the utility of CPET in the prescription and evaluation of rehabilitation and prehabilitation programmes
- To detail the emerging importance of CPET in the prognostic setting
For more details and to book, please visit the EBPOM website
Share this :